The Best Video Game Blog On The Interwebs!

Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake Winners Are Listed HERE!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Section 8 Headed To The PS3 Via PSN

Timegate Studios' Section 8 is still headed for the PS3 later this year, but it seems that its going to take a download only approach. When Section 8 launched on the PC and Xbox 360 platforms last year it was pretty well received for its unique ideas, but as far as sales numbers went, it didn't do too well.
It seems that Timegate Studios is taking another unique approach to only sell Section 8 through Sony's PSN Store. Ontop of that Section 8 will also be the first PS3 game using TimeGate’s TGNServer tech, allowing players to host 32-player matches using their PCs.
From what I have personally played of Section 8, I really enjoyed some of its ideas on how to change the FPS genere, but I feel that it could have been executed better. I hope that with the extra time Timegate Studios had for its PS3 release that Section 8 will do better this time around.

3 comments:

  1. I always confused this with Section 9 since I never saw 9 nor played 8

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be honest, I'm not too hyped for this game.

    SC2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The appearance of this soldier looks like a Starcraft 2 marines yep ;-)

    ReplyDelete