The Best Video Game Blog On The Interwebs!

Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake Winners Are Listed HERE!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Farmville Has Over 80 Million Users

I never thought I'd see the day when Facebook games actually over run full PC/Mac games, but it turns out, it happened. Zynga's super addictive Farmville has recently surpasses 80 million players...80 MILLION PLAYERS! That's almost the population of Germany!
I never jumped on the Farmville, or any Facebook game, bandwagon myself but it sure seems like I'm in the minority there. Its interesting to see the rapid growth of social gaming over the past years, and you can bet that it will only get stronger with every major publisher trying to explore the social gaming front.
I'm still waiting for a Facebook app that will block all the pesky social gaming invites, but with these kinds of numbers, that app might overload in less that .02 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. LOL but one thing is for sure, Richard Garriot isn't entering the Facebook etc.. game market for no reason. I mean 80 million thats a nice number^^

    ReplyDelete