The Best Video Game Blog On The Interwebs!

Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake Winners Are Listed HERE!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Portal Gets A Sneaky Update

A couple hours ago I was busy creating the TeamTwie Facebook group (Join it!) when a Steam pop-up said "Portal has finished downloading". I thought it was one of Vavle's usual updates involving some computer science-ish coding problems or something.  However, When I went to check out the patch note(s) I was pleasantly surprised. Here's what the note says:
  "Changed radio transmission frequency to comply with federal and state spectrum management regulations"
If you're new to Valve games you might think this is a legitimate issue that needed to be fixed in order to prevent a law-suit of some kind, but as someone who has experienced many of Vavle's comical tips/hints over the years, I think there's something different going on here.

The radio transmission was put on Youtube, so I'll let you try to figure it out yourself. My guess is that this will lead to the official announcement of the Portal Prequel we were told about oh so long ago.

Update: There's also a new achievement in Portal, but there's no real solution to getting it yet, the most popular rumor seems to be that you need to carry the radio out of the chamber 26 times...weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment