The Best Video Game Blog On The Interwebs!

Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake Winners Are Listed HERE!

Friday, May 21, 2010

Starcraft 2 Might Have Pre-Paid Game Time...

I'm sure that many of you are aware that a new Starcraft 2 Beta patch came out earlier today. This new patch brought some new balance changes, a Battle.net revamp, and of course tons of bugs. While playing some 2v2 with a friend I was experiencing lots of lag, and so I decided to re-log, however, a funny thing happened. Upon entering my account info I was greeted with this message:
Now I know that Blizzard has said that Starcraft 2 is going to free to play as long as you have an internet connect, but pop-up is leading me to believe there's more to it.
This could mean a premium service that could launch right along a free to play version, something that Blizzard is currently trying with they're World of Warcraft Acution House App for the iPhone/iPod Touch.

3 comments:

  1. The game is going to have a subscription model available in several emerging markets such as Russia, China, and South America.

    I believe it'll be roughly $30 for six months, or you can pay the regular $60 for the full game and a lifetime "subscription".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes what Amanda said is verified here: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25026324408&postId=250240026617&sid=5000#23

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, whatever it is, I hope they'll accept paysafecards cause that's like the only thing I use for paying for games online cause I know they are secure ...

    ReplyDelete